Hello, My name is Aaron Kulik. I am a video and visual artist originally from Detroit, USA. For the past 8 years I was based in Berlin, Germany - but now I split my time between the USA and Mexico
I am very skilled at creating engaging videos from shooting/conceptualization to post production and pride myself in being able to think outside the box. I have over 19 years experience with NLE systems.
In addition to my freelance work, I have also been a live video artist for 14 years, and have performed in well over 15 countries around the world. Performing video mixing live has allowed me to constantly rethink the editing language on the spot, and has given me a non traditional and visually arresting style that is sought after by a host of clients.
I also often work with microscopes and macro lenses....doing both experimental video and photography. I like to create much of my imagery "in camera" , using various analog techniques pioneered by early video artists as well as developing my own processes through experimentation.
- 9 years experience with Adobe Premiere Pro & 19 years total experience with NLE software
- Advanced experience with Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Lightroom, Illustrator, etc.
- Extremely competent in planning, shooting, and editing all forms of web video
- Extensive experience with online video streaming and channel management
- Experience shooting live concert footage and events, and creating corresponding sizzle reels
- Highly skilled at organizing and maintaining large footage databases
- Over 6 years experience filming and photographing with macro lenses & microscopes
- Exhibited a 47min conceptual art film in collaboration with the Lost Souls of Saturn at London's Saatchi Gallery in July 2019
- Regularly perform at Detroit’s Electronic Music Festival (2009 - 2022) and other renowned music festivals all around the world as a live video artist
- Edited an award-winning documentary about the Assyrian people of Northern Iraq which was screened in front of the U.S. congress in 2012