SportBusiness Group Brand redesign
SportBusiness is the most trusted global intelligence service, providing unique news, analysis, data, consulting and events which deliver competitive advantage to executives in the business of sport. A wide range of stakeholders in the sports sector rely on information delivered by SportBusiness including rights holders (teams, franchises, leagues and tournaments), sponsors, broadcast companies, agencies, venues, financial institutions and universities.
Following the acquisition of SportBusiness Group by Silva International Investments, and based on an existing working relationship, SportBusiness commissioned Young’s Design with the management of the group’s rebrand as the company ventured into new markets.
SportBusiness Group’s rebrand supported their new focus on data and analysis, producing visual brand guidelines that could be handed over to their internal team to take forward and develop further as required.
The Group’s rebrand included the following elements:
- Redesign of the Company Logo and brand-style
- Producing brand guidelines document for the wider design/ creative team to follow throughout the project
- Redesign of the SportBusiness magazine, both print and virtual/online versions
- Redesign of industry reports and internal communication media
- Redesign of the Company Website
In managing the development of new content in association with these guidelines, we:
- Pitched ideas/concepts to Directors and relevant stakeholders and developed an understanding of the commercial aspects of the project
- Supervised all project activity from beginning to end
- Building an environment for the creative team to work and develop ideas
- Managed the project according to deadlines and had final sign off on all pieces of design
- Liaised with various departments – keeping them informed of developments
- Were responsible for any additional recruitment, working with numerous outside agencies and freelance designers during development